Lent, John A., ed. Themes and Issues in Asian Cartooning: Cute, Cheap, Mad and Sexy. Bowling Green, OH: Popular Press, 1999. 212pp. ISBN 0879727799 (cloth), 0879727802 (paper).
- Introduction - John A. Lent ... 1Asian Cartooning: Overviews, Representations, Receptions
- An Overview of Malay Humor Magazines: Significance, Origins, Contents, Texts, and Audeinces - Ronald Provencher ... 11
- Global Division of Cultural Labor and Korean Animation Industry - Kie-Un Yu ... 37
- Islam, Animation, and Money: The Reception af Disney's Aladdin in Southeast Asia - Tomothy R, White and J. Emmett Winn ... 61
- Singapore's Mr. Kiasu, Kiasu Krossover, Kiasu Max, and Kiasu the Xtraman: Comics Reflecting a Nation's Personality and Popular Culture - Linda K. Fuller ... 77Gender and Asian Comics
- Cure but Deadly: Women and Violence in Japanese Comics - Kanako Shiokawa ... 93
- Dimensions of Desire: Sex, Fanatsy, and Fetish - Setsu Shigematsu ... 127
- Goddess/Demon, Warrior/Visitm: Representations of Women in Indian Comics - Aruna Rao ... 165
- The Social Production of Gender as Reflected in Two Japanese Culture Industry Products: Sailormoon and Crayon Shin-Chan - Mary Grigsby ... 183
- Contributors ... 211
Copyright © Comics Research.org.
This Page Last Updated 12 February 2006.